Monday, October 15, 2007

Green Leaf In Drought - Isobel Kuhn Quote 1

Alone in the kitchen amid her drab tasks Wilda suddenly remembered two tracts. One was by A.B. Simpson entitled, "The 'If' in Your Life." The other was by Hudson Taylor on "Second Causes."
If only that letter had not come, inviting us here. What about the "if"? She got them and read: "'Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.' And He could have been there; He was not far away. He knew all about it, and He let him die. I think it was very hard for that woman... I have come to think that there is an "if" in every life... It is something that God could have made different, if He had chosen, because He has all power; and yet He has allowed that 'if' to be there.
"I do not discount the 'if' in your life. No matter what it is... Come to the Lord with your 'if', and let Him say to you what He said to Martha. He met her 'if' with His 'if'! Said I not unto thee that IF thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? The glory of God is to come out of the 'if' in your life...
"Do not be thinking of your 'if'. Make a power of your 'if' for God...
"Do you know that a light is to fall on your 'if' some day? Then take in the possibilities and say 'Nothing has ever come to me, nothing has ever gone from me, that I shall not be better for God by it...'
"Face the 'if' in your life and say, For this I have Jesus."

The second tract said: "The secret of Hudson Taylor's rest of heart amid such tempests of hate was his refusal to look at second causes... He believed it was with God, and God alone, he had to do." When his dear wife died, Hudson Taylor wrote, "If satisfied with His will and way, there is rest."

Ruth 3:18: Sit still, my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall.



Do you have an if? Two, three? Do you look at second causes, instead of dealing directing with God? The answers to those questions made me very uncomfortable. I'm still processing.

No comments: