Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Etsy and Other Things

And now for pictures.

Because I have Amelie's birthday and Christmas all at once, I feel like she gets a lot of gifts at one time, and she hardly understands the concept of one minute, if time at all, so explaining it to her is nigh impossible. It is kind of fun though. I have been trying to find things that will amuse her, and amuse me (the frou frou girly stuff). I found these two items on Etsy (where you can find anything! if you love cottage industry, you'll love this site!), and I am so excited!!

Black and White (bottomless) Tights/Leg Warmers!



Skirt




And I really think she's up to this:




But my hunch is she'll be too big for it in another 6 months to a year and someone else will probably want one too. Do I just get two for Christmas? Kind of expensive. What's your ideas?

2 comments:

Heather Pelczar said...

I am not sure...I don;t think there is anything wrong with having the younger ones learn to wait for the privileges of being an older person...but are they too young for that? I have no experience there...except that I always had to wait until five years later for the hand-me-down, but it didn't seem to have adverse effects on me. Plus, it is neat to remember seeing my older siblings refurbish the bike and present it to me on my birthday.

Cat said...

That is my concern, given a few other experiences we've had. If it was an age appropriate thing, like say, going to the movies with your friends and not adults, then yes, i would expect immi to wait. but at this age, when a lot of their interests and abilities are catching up... i wonder if it's better just to give them one each (if we figure out we can afford it).