Friday, January 11, 2008

A Most Excellent Adventure - Prologue

I'm going to write you all about Australia. It seems only fair I should share everything about where I have been. I'm working right now on the first installment. Aren't you excited? I am.

So tonight... tonight I was calm, which was unusual after the last few days have been... I felt so wrung out. And then sometime, I think after I got the girls up... I just relaxed.

There was laundry to do, so I sat on the washer and watched the girls dance around the garage to the midi-like sounds of a broken baby bouncer. I made bubble and squeak for dinner, and I thought, as Sufjan played in the background, that it is very, very satisfying when two toddlers ask for seconds and then thirds. Although I realized after the third helping all Immi wanted to do was eat dollops of sour cream. Hmmm.... nope, still satisfying.

Curious George was for dessert - the movie, not the tv show. The girls went to bed easily, with lots of tickles and kisses. I thought about wanting more... children and kisses. I started writing, Immi woke again and I wondered if it would be another peaceful night shattered by hysteria, but it wasn't. I sat and rocked her in the dark, wondering how many times I'll get to do that before she's too big.

And now I've been watching movies. "Evening" and a Sundance film festival one that I can't remember the name of but that I like. I'll have to wait until it ends and let you know, so...

No comments: