Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Sentimental Journey

So, on the weekend we were completely re-organizing the kitchen. We threw away a lot of stuff... enough that I'm embarrassed to admit it. One of the things we found was this can of smoothie mix, expiration date of August 2003.

Ryan: Why do we still have this?
Me: Um... I couldn't throw it away...
Ryan: Why not?? It expired five years ago!!
Me: (sheepishly) Well... it was the first thing I ever bought with a coupon.

And thus we discovered that whilst R, for sentimental reasons, cannon throw away things, so I, for sentimental reasons, cannot throw away food. So here, for posterity's sake, is a photo of me with the first thing I ever bought with a coupon.

Hooray for instant smoothie mix for 49 cents.


And yes, we did throw it out...

2 comments:

Jayme Solomon said...

LOL! You're too cute!

H.D. said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad someone else has this issue too. Speaking of coupons...I still have some of the very first coupons I clipped as a new wife. They expired in 2003, and I still have them in my coupon caddy...