Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cake

So I made Imogen a Baby Penguin cake for her 2nd birthday:



There were a few issues... the frosting I used was definitely more suited for the cupcakes that I got the recipe from. Also the heat made it kind of sloppy to work with, even though I kept refrigerating it, and made it super glossy. It was very strange.

I'm still not happy with my cake frostings... I'm still to hit on just the right one. I'm trying for something similar to what my mother's used to be like, but they haven't worked out right yet.

Oh well, there's always Amelie's 4th birthday in December.

3 comments:

Jayme Solomon said...

Great job. So cute!

Heather Pelczar said...

I think it looks amazing and I am truly inspired by your baking endeavors. every time. Those cupcakes sound delicious.

Anonymous said...

I guess you could try asking your mother what she did when it was hot and the icing kept melting on her.