Saturday, May 24, 2008

I like TV

One of the great things about having cable, is the Food Network.

Tonight's TV viewing has been Iron Chef America vs. Iron Chef Japan.

The battles have been:

Bobby Flay vs. Hiroyuki Sakai - Battle of Live Trout (Flay won)

Mario Batali vs. Masaharu Morimoto - Battle of Live Spiney Lobster (Batali won)

And THEN

Bobby Flay & Masaharu Morimoto vs Mario Batali & Masaharu Morimoto - Battle of the Scallop, Sea Urchin, and Langoustine.

Can you imagine being a judge on an episode like this?? I think I'd faint, and then come to, and then faint again. And faint after every dish.

Things to write home about:

Eating soup out of a sea urchin.
Cracking eggs by cutting the top off with a knife.
Fresh REAL wasabi.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Iron Chef America is definitely one of the things I miss most about not having cable. I've never watched the real Iron Chef though. What a great show.

Cat said...

I personally think the original one was the best...

Seriously, you should have seen this guy, Sakai, he's like a knife master... he takes the tip of this giant knife and carefully just edges around the top of the egg and off comes the top - I have to try that!!