Sunday, November 18, 2007

So I'm Taking The Plunge



I'm going to do cloth diapers. ("Nappies" I hear my mother correct in my head)

After three years of being having to go every two weeks and spend money on something that got pooped on and thrown away, now I am going to spend one amount of money, not have to duck out at odd times for diapers, but somehow I'll still end up with something that gets pooped on, only not thrown away... ok so why am I doing it?

Several reasons. But I'm not going to go into that, because this isn't a passive aggressive personal vendetta thing. I'm no cloth nappy nazi.

I'm just excited for this change, for my kids, for me, and so happy that I don't even mind the extra laundry.

For those of you curious, there are many convenient options for cloth diapering now... it's definitely not the cloth diapering of my mother's generation, although after weighing all the options I've chosen a route that isn't too far off. I'm doing all cotton and wool.

Just an FYI "I'm excited".

4 comments:

Heather Pelczar said...

I am excited that you are excited. Do I come across as a nappie natzi? Hope not. But I am excited to hear how you like them.

Cat said...

Good grief no, I'm talking about those people you come across in forums and places like that who are like "If you don't do cloth diapers you're ruining the environment and you're a bad person and these are the ten reasons you HAVE to cloth diaper and if you don't well God save your soul" etc etc etc. You've never said anything remotely like that!

Alexia said...

Cloth diapers are great! They've saved me ALOT of $$ and are fun to put on :)

Cat said...

I second that!