Monday, April 21, 2008

Mondays

Mondays are my at-home day. I'm supposed to clean the house on this day. Since I implemented it three weeks ago, it's been an interesting curve.

Today, my house is THRASHED. Which is weird, because it wasn't so bad Friday. I think weekends are the worst. That and the sheer volume of laundry I've been able to do, since I suddenly have a working washer, means that it feels like there are clothes and towels and blankets everywhere. That and I can't come at the kitchen... it's terrible.

So today, I have to ignore how I feel and just get in and do it. Some self-discipline. I keep reminding myself I'm setting a good example, but I have to say it... self-discipline sucks.

3 comments:

H.D. said...

Mondays are my "home days" too, and this is EXACTLY how I feel every Monday!! Weekends are definitely the worst because I sacrifice time for little tasks in order for us to spend time together as a family...which makes Mondays extra-busy (and depressing) but worth it, too.

Perhaps this commiseration will make today, at least, a little more bearable for the both of us? :)

carol said...

EXACTLY! Catherine - you're not alone! Mondays are my house days too, because - yes - weekends are family time not clean up time. And last year when I had tutoring on Monday afternoons - it was AWFUL and stressful. I learned to make tutoring on Wed - leave play dates and house cleaning our only Monday tasks - ahhhhh relief. Well, if you call swiffering and mopping relief - then yes - relief. Oh - but I also decided to make Tuesday laundry day - because I couldn't do both house cleaning and laundry in one day. I hope that encourages you.

Naomi Smith said...

one of my favourite things . . .
stacks of folded towels; don't they look so nice and neat?

I wish I could leave my dirty monday kitchen behind to help you clean yours; we'll clean together this summer; it will be fun!