Friday, April 05, 2013

on our way...

held over in Denver, FBI called in, appeared to be a possible child abduction???  broke my heart saying goodbye to my girls... each of them moved in different ways... oh how I miss them.  after our flight to London, a freezing, freezing terminal 5 at Heathrow.  one hour pop over to Paris, to a cheerily tooth-sucking taxi driver who insisted he didn't know any english.  if that is true I knew more french than he did english, which is highly suspect... but it didn't cost us as much to get to the hotel as I feared it might, especially given it was peak hour traffic.  sighted Notre Dame on the way in, which made me extremely glad.  I love this city, and I have waited so very long to be here with R.  sounds of the city outside the hotel.  deliriously happy and tired.

1 comment:

Brittany - the Home Ground said...

'Deliriously happy' kind of makes all of the stress and craziness worth it, right?? My heart is so happy for your family. Which will soon officially include one more lovely soul. You're such an inspiration. Say hi to Paris for me :)